TTRO's in Hampshite

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
Dave
250cc

TTRO's in Hampshite

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Lead a ride for one of our new forum visitors on the 8th of this month around Hampshire.

Was pretty good. The rain had removed a lot of the surface soil exposing nonfiction chalk which seems to be in abundance around where I was, which made for a few exciting moments!

Have to say tho, the number of closed lanes was a bit of a piss take as it inhibited travel, added to the journey time and pretty much felt like the sarcy signage was taking the piss as well.

E. G. Closed to everyone except walkers because the lanes is damaged. Repairs expected to be finished in October. Maybe they mean 2015? Ps lane is not damaged.

'Closed... 4 wheeled vehicles' but here's a gate with a padlock, no sensible route around. Dismount!

Anyway, seemed to have to make around 4 or so detours that day Admit I could have checked before going out where they were. But time isn't something I have a lot of atm.

At least it gave a good representation of how much a pain in the ar$€ they are.

Water Lane was top notch. The puddle on the other side of the farmers looks deep enough to end anyone's day. If we ever lose that lane I will die. It's ace!

Billy
woz bus pass

Re: TTRO's in Hampshite

Postby Billy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Muddeeeevvvveeeeeee went through the Water Lane puddle a couple of weeks ago, its not as deep as it looks.

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:36 pm

I did a route over Alton way a week or two back and was disappointed that the step had gone in Water Lane and even though there was a fair bit of water flowing down it didn't seem to be such a challenge as I remember it. The large puddle at the top was quite doable - though I paddled through the track to the right (avoiding dropping in this time :oops: )

The five way junction bit behind Mapledurwell was a travesty being severely restricted. I sent Stephen Taylor a note on this (as did Mudeveee) to try and challenge things on progress with HCC.

Corky78
350cc Veteran

Postby Corky78 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Which one is Water Lane please? Not sure if I ridden it or not (and sounds like one not to be missed!)
Corky

KTM 450 EXC 2006

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Corky78 wrote:Which one is Water Lane please? Not sure if I ridden it or not (and sounds like one not to be missed!)

Here's the start of it - 5 minutes from Alton Stn car park and Cafe ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.14092 ... BI2Gew!2e0

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Billy wrote:Muddeeeevvvveeeeeee went through the Water Lane puddle a couple of weeks ago, its not as deep as it looks.

Was it flowing over the farmer's bridge? I couldn't even see the right hand lane haha. But if you say so, might give it a tease ;)

Return to “Ride Reports”