Sat 21st March 2015 - Strongbows run

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Sat 21st March 2015 - Strongbows run

Postby mudeevee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Had a real good day trail riding today – big thanks to Strongbow Dave for putting the ride on.

I rode down to the Frensham meeting point from Guildford, with Maino, on his newly jetted KTM 250. Lesson here – if you want it done properly (jetting), do it yourself (or get Luke to do it) and don’t rely on some of the better known KTM type dealerships. Remember it is their job to get you to spend money and this is the one thing that they are all good at.
At Frensham we met up with the rest of the riders – I’d not ridden with a couple of the guys before, so nice to put faces (or crash helmets at least) to forum names.
Dave led us round part of the Longest day route from last year and conditions were (for me at least) spot on. There has been little rain for a few days and the trails had dried out, but were dust free. This makes for great trail riding where the miles just flow.

MickP was fairly new to trail riding and, as has happened to us all, he became tired after a couple of hours. Stick with it Mick, it definitely gets easier as bike fitness creeps in. You will ache like buggery in a couple of days! I find Bruffen is my friend!

Chris (Muckybear) lasted a little longer before twisting a knee. Hope you did not overdo things and that the knee heals quickly.

For both Mick and Chris – don’t forget that you have a few years on the others, so don’t be rushing!

We grabbed lunch at the new Chippy in Hindhead – great find Dave. A huge improvement on the normal TRF ‘forecourt fair’.

We then headed back round the punchbowl to Frensham, where Maino and I broke off and headed back to Guildford. Hope the rest of the day went well for Dave and the group.

Arrived back at Maino’s around 2:30. Job done! Maino happy with the jetting and how the bike no longer ‘bogs’ and me being very happy with the new specs (now I can see the speedo, I can confirm we did not ride at more than 24mph on any lane) 

All in all, a splendid days trail riding.

Thanks!

MickP
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: Sat 21st March 2015 - Strongbows run

Postby MickP » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks Stongbow, I did have fun yesterday and slowly but surely I am sure that with time I will get there, I won't give up that's for sure.

Thanks also to all of the others especially Derek for your tips and patience, I have definitely been bitten by the trail riding bug.

Roll on 4th April beginners ride.

Mick Partridge

Return to “Ride Reports”