Easy run 24th October

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
Womble
125cc Novice

Easy run 24th October

Postby Womble » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 am

As promised here is a bit of an update.

We met in Bockets farm car park and split into two groups. Did the lanes from there including down the hill to Shere ( sorry I don't don't all the names yet) Wolvens lanes followed by one up to Leith Hill. Then over to Ride lane. Our group separated and ride leader Stuart head back up the track to find the last two. I realised I'd dropped my tool kit at some point so headed back up the lane too.
I'm still not entirely sure how but I managed to get my right foot caught on the bank, the bike hit the bank at the same time and we both went down. Unfortunately my foot wasn't quite in the place it should be. I called and ambulance and there was an interesting discussion as to where to meet.
Stuart vouleteered to ride with me as pillion and just as we were getting ready a convoy of 4x4s arrived. So hopping later I got a lift down in a Jimny. I real stroke of luck.
Many thanks to Stuart, Garry and Mark for directing the ambulance and getting the bike to the end of lane.

A couple of X-Ray's confirmed that I have broken the bottom of my tibia. I'm in a cast, but it's not set properly.
I'm now lying in a hospital bed waiting to have an operation to pin the drifting bit of bone back in place.
Pictures to follow ...

burls
400cc Thumper

Re: Easy run 24th October

Postby burls » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 am

Hope you're feeling more comfortable. My group met the 4x4s and they told us what happened. Good on them for helping you out. I spoke to them and they were genuinely concerned. You may not know but one of them rode your bike into Farley Green for you.

Good luck with the Op. Let us know how you are.

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi, hope the op goes well and it's not too long before you're back on a bike.
Gary

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Well I did say wait there :shock: :lol: and the irony of it all is your tail pack had been recover and was on it's way back to you :lol: , but seriously I hope the OP goes well for your back on a bike soon :D
Had a nice chat with your mate who's bike it was, and what are the chances he is doing up a KLR650 as well :D
Some pic's of your taxi.
Entonox! what do you want a boy or a girl :lol:
Off the beaten track!.

Bush Pig
350cc Veteran

Postby Bush Pig » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks for a great outing yesterday, It was my first time out doing this sort of thing and I didn't fall off! Possibly a 650cc machine is not the best tool for this but I enjoyed it and I don't think I slowed the group too much - thanks guys.

I hope Douglas in the other group has a speedy recovery, never good when someone departs in a ambulance.

All the best

John

Womble
125cc Novice

Postby Womble » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Here is the break... The small chunk on the left should be more attached.
image.png

Operation done. Results tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:51 am

Speedy recovery matey!

NickT
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby NickT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, get well soon. I know what it's like.

Return to “Ride Reports”