Xmas run 28th Dec 15 - mudeevee's run

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Xmas run 28th Dec 15 - mudeevee's run

Postby mudeevee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:54 am

What a cracking day!

The day started with meeting 12 riders at maino's place, just off the A3 in Guildford. Two runs were starting here.

Mrs Maino (Tracy) set the day off nicely by preparing tea & coffee for all the riders - an added bonus was a tin of quality street (always adds to the xmas spirit)! Many thanks Tracy, great job!

We were only delayed for a short time - due to 'Eastbourne Stu' needing to do his hair before putting his helmet on :D

Iain Maino's group left 1st and Maino had planned a brisk paced route for his riders and the plan was to meet them later at the Punchbowl café. I understand that the route was curtailed slightly by a puncture out at Alice Holt - but I'll let Maino tell you about this at club night............

My group comprised the widest age range (33 the youngest and a sprightly 77 years young for the senior member, Mike). There were some new members and a couple who will be joining shortly. As I had not ridden with a couple of people before, I had planned a fairly easy days riding.
We were due to make a start 5 mins after Maino's group, but this was delayed slightly when one of the bikes would not start and Mike had pull his tow rope out and pull the offending bike along to get it to kick into life. Jonski, hope the lesson has been learned?
We left and kept a steady pace down to the punchbowl, meeting quite a few riders on the way. The weather was perfect, warm and clear, with the winter sun occasionally getting in our eyes (at least that is what one rider blamed for his little 'off'. Mindfull that we needed to be at the punchbowl café for 12:30 ish, we used an hour or so meandering south of Hindhead, using the few lanes that remain legal to use. We refuled and met with the other groups at the café, as planned.

Simon had bought along the promised mince pies and camara - so a group photo was taken. Thanks Simon!

In the ride preamble, I'd suggested a seasonal theme for fancy dress - it was nice to see a few people had made the effort - from tinsel and fairly lights on bikes to santa clobber on a few. Well done to these people. It seemed that quite a few missed the seasonal theme and came dressed as 'Waterproof Action Man' in various shades of army camo - more effort next time please :)

In the afternoon, our group again headed south of Hindhead to Liphook. Time was working against us, so we detoured around the punchbowl and rejoined our route back at Frensham. A few lanes later and we were back at maino's for 4:03.

Mrs Maino had again laid on a very warm welcome, with tea, coffee and quality street! A perfect finish to a good days riding of Surrey lanes.

Of the 40 odd riders on the day, we had visitors from Eastbourne, Dorset, Chichester and Kent - a special thanks to these guys who made the effort to come and enjoy the surrey lanes and banter.
Thanks also to Maino, Stewie, Simon, Charlie & Steven for coming forward to lead runs on the day - we could not do what we do without these fellas.

A good day!

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Xmas run 28th Dec 15 - mudeevee's run

Postby stevent » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 am

I think its the best Christmas Cobweb run we have had, at least while I've been around. Great organisation. And also great to see so many from other parts. So a big well done.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 am

mudeevee wrote:What a cracking day!

Thanks also to Maino, Stewie, Simon, Charlie & Steven for coming forward to lead runs on the day - we could not do what we do without these fellas.

A good day!

You forgot one, a BIG thanks to Mudeevee for putting the whole thing together in the first place :D
Off the beaten track!.

Beerbelly
750 flat tracker

Postby Beerbelly » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for organising mudee - got nasty norovirus that hit me on the ride but got the chaps around! Well done to all! Good to see everyone! Merry Xmas

Return to “Ride Reports”