Hereford hospice 2019

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
PippaB
350cc Veteran

Hereford hospice 2019

Postby PippaB » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Back here again our 2nd year running raising money with the Hereford TRF at Baskerville Hall in Wales.
One has to book as soon as it's advertised as places go fast, these are advertised at least 3 months before showing on Trf trail Facebook and the magazine.
We opted to stay in the hotel this time, our bedroom was massive with an absolutely enormous bath that could easily put our bikes in too. Camping in the field or sleeping in a bunkhouse were the other options. Sauna and swimming pool were added extras.

Day one _ intermediate run with Nick our guide, ' ROW guru' .

We all met in field in morning, approx 12 groups of various levels, from easy runs, intermediate being the most popular and the more advanced groups that went further a field.
Our day consisted of:

Gate competition

The rules we had to do were 2nd man in, opens the gate whilst 3rd man goes through and shuts the gate. Then they go to the back, in front of the TEC so everyone has a go. Nick said he would do the gates on impossible ground as he had the limousines of all quad bikes.
Anyways as the day progressed, Nick was notching up the scores with first place doing both the opening and shutting, closely followed by the TEC in 2nd place. Whilst we were competing amongst ourselves to help out as much as possible.
There were so many gates to do with alsorts of equipment holding them up to, some you had to drag, other shut with click, rocks and string were put back in place. We are so lucky in Surrey, we have hardly any gates. Though if anyone feels the need to them, go to Wales.

Sheep training

Whilst out on the Brecon Beacons one comes across sheep, they have:
Marathon sheep that keep on running and it seems like miles. Whilst renewing the run with Relay sheep, that takeover and run for sometime. It all looks very exhausting from sitting or standing on the bike.
The sheep eventually go in for pit stops to have a break.

Day two

Our team worked really well together, 4 from Surrey trf and the others from various parts of the UK. We were very impressed with the performance of the Fantic enduro and took our hats off to the lad with the WR who persevered with his kick start.

We came across a few obstacles and lots of stuff were used from Nicks quad such as cable ties, air compressor and an axe! It came in very handy.

There were lots of ruts and the terrain was challenging in places.

It was a fab weekend and hopefully some pics of our time out there.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Re: Hereford hospice 2019

Postby PippaB » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:12 pm

And the bath too, actually looking at it you could just squeeze a beta in there.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kris
LIFE member

Re: Hereford hospice 2019

Postby kris » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:17 am

great report ... thanks for sharing

I grew up in Herefordshire and my mum worked evenings at the hospice for years and years

My late father as part of there road riding charity group so he also had lots of fun raising money riding for them (and terrorising folks on his k1200s) !

Return to “Ride Reports”