Aldershot into Hampshire via Punchbowl 6th October 2013

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Aldershot into Hampshire via Punchbowl 6th October 2013

Postby big yellow tractor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:57 pm

What a cracking day !!!

The weather was superb as Lee, Wayne, Glenn, Tony and I left Aldershot at just before 0930 and rode a few of the local lanes to the east. I did a detour after Woodstreet Village to ride one lane that I didn't know existed and another one that I hadn't ridden for maybe 10 years. It was a loop totalling about 10 miles but was worth doing just for the crack.

We then headed off over the Hog's Back and onto what has become my standard run; down to the Punchbowl picking up as many lanes as possible. I had a serious sideways moment on the whoops at Tilford and realised I had a rear wheel puncture. There was a convenient bank to sit the bike on and in a little under half an hour, a new tube was fitted and we were on the way again.

We bumped into a couple of TRF boys on the way into the Punchbowl (sorry chaps, can't remember your names) and nearly bumped into a bloody great Highland Cow as we came away from Gibbet Hill.

After a fuel and munchies stop in Haslemere, rather than re-trace our route as I normally would, we trundled off into Hampshire. We did some lanes due west then headed north via Selborne and Binstead before crossing Alice Holt and rejoining my normal route at Frensham. Water Lane wasn't at all watery.

Got back to the start at around 1700 after 123 miles in Total

Scutty
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Aldershot into Hampshire via Punchbowl 6th October 2013

Postby Scutty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey that sounds great - don't suppose you care to share the route with me? I live in Ash and am always on the look out for great runs.

big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Re: Aldershot into Hampshire via Punchbowl 6th October 2013

Postby big yellow tractor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I can send you the GPX files for different bits of it. You'd still need an OS map for some "go arounds"; at least a couple of the lanes have seasonal TROs that come into force on Nov 1st and a few others have temporary TROs.

Return to “Ride Reports”