Alton ride 16th March 2014 - Simon's group

Give your thanks, tell a story, reflect on the good times.
Phil (CRF 250L)
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Alton ride 16th March 2014 - Simon's group

Postby Phil (CRF 250L) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Well, we couldnt have hoped for better weather. Its been dry for the last few weeks and we had sunshine and blue sky.

Ive note ridden any trails around Alton so cant really give a trail by trail narration but we did go down some pretty interesting trails and - see the couple of videos. Eric proved that you dont really need a side stand when he got stuck in the mud (see photo below) and I got stuck in a couple of ruts but everyone got out alive. I took a few more videos but only have a 3g card so it takes too long to upload much more than I have. When I was trying to name the videos, it made me realise what the main feature of some of the trails are.... 'Long straight rut', 'Technical ruts', 'Muddy slippy ruts', Deep muddy ruts' - you get the idea. Had a great day though so thanks Simon for leading and was great to meet everyone else.

Hopefully the videos and pics work as Ive not done this before......(for for the poor quality videos, my computer didnt want to do any better or upload any larger file sizes)

Return to “Ride Reports”