Run Leaders 21-23 Nov

If you want a 1on1 session, a particular ride date or a day in a specific area hunting lanes REQUEST a leader here, it might be filled :)
Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Run Leaders 21-23 Nov

Postby Stewie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:08 pm

A really big Thankyou to Steve, Colin and Paul, for leading the group's today, everyone had a great time.
Would also like to thank Derek for taking time out to mark some maps and the road books.
I will post pic's and links to any footage as they come on line.
Thanks Stewie and the ABR crew.
Off the beaten track!.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Had a great day, I led the guys on the big bikes. They rode fantastically and were a great bunch to take out.. I was glad of my small bike on the trails, but would have loved to have had their headlights for riding in the dark.. Although we had some light rain and heavy mist, we were so lucky that the heavy rain didnt materialize as forecast..

We made good progress to Devils Punch Bowl, Hindhead... then the 690 had a puncture, which was quickly sorted.... then we got half way up the next lane and the other 690 snapped a chain going up Gibbetts Hill.. ..the guys on the big bikes were amazing, borrowing an angle grinder from a builder to cut the chain cleanly and then try to fit a spare link.. but unfortunately the spare link was from a smaller chain and it wouldnt fit properly.. so we towed the bike to the cafe, had an early lunch (12-00) whilst we waited for the recovery service.. We were now well behind schedule and set off to the Souths Downs... we rode my usual route to the South Downs via the UCRs and managed a couple of the big hills before stopping mid afternoon at Petersfield where I filled up with petrol. We now set off to loop back via Selborne / Alton area and then north east back to Farnham. We rode the Selborne lane just as it was getting dark...we had a conflab and the riders were OK with a bit more trail riding in the dark... this was the time I wished I had a headlight that illuminated the trail and not the mudguard or tree level.. We got to the next lane, Pootles Lane, where the fun started.. ruts, deep mud, down banks around trees, big bikes and darkness... eventually everyone got through knackered and smiling... sanity took control and we thought it best to head back on the road as the next lane could be just as difficult in the dark... then a few more miles on the road and back safely at the bunk house...

farnham flyer
350cc Veteran

Postby farnham flyer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Sounds like your route was pretty much the same as ours Steve. We had a crazy time at Pookles Lane. Scott had a lie down or two and ended up on his back in a puddle, stuck like a turtle! All on film... Video to follow.

Thankfully no punctures etc to report. We had a cracking day. A great bunch of blokes and the pace seemed about right for everyone.

Cheers.

Paul.

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:12 pm

sounds like the 'Fellowship' at its best! :D

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am

Yeah was a great day out. Surrey TRF got lots of good feedback and hopefully a few more of the wider community will feel inspired to sign up to the fellowship :idea:

farnham flyer
350cc Veteran

Postby farnham flyer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:13 pm

A couple of my videos..

Was intending to mix a few up and add music etc, but have not had time, so here's a couple straight from the camera. Some good offs in both!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9D2kLTV0MU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQSRHWNhFBk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can someone post them on the ABR forum?

Paul

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Done :D
Off the beaten track!.

Return to “Request a Ride Leader”