Sat 17th January - Leaders needed to take out Kent TRF

If you want a 1on1 session, a particular ride date or a day in a specific area hunting lanes REQUEST a leader here, it might be filled :)
Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Sat 17th January - Leaders needed to take out Kent TRF

Postby Stewie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Had a great day, here's a copy of the post on the main TRF forum -

.....your more than welcome back, there were 4 groups on the day and as promised here some pic's and a link to the rest for my group ( I will get some footage put together and post it up as well ) great day and always good to meet new people and hook up with old friends :D
and the rest are here - http://s640.photobucket.com/user/Rainma ... sort=3&o=0
Off the beaten track!.

Strongbow
400cc Thumper

Postby Strongbow » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:05 pm

Big thanks to all for a great day.

Dave.

Corky78
350cc Veteran

Postby Corky78 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Had a great day out on the local lanes, lead Ash, Syed (aka Dave....sorry Syed! :lol: ) and Matt.

All did really well and didn't laugh when I fell off (damm slippery those tree roots!!! :oops: ).

We did the usual loop from Bocketts, to Wolverns, past some 4x4's and up Leith Hill, out to Pisley Lane, met more 4x4's and off to ride & pond lanes before heading to Newlands for some lunch.

That was when Stewie turned up, on his own, after managing to lose his entire group!!!!! :lol:

After that, we headed off up London lane, round the farm (I exited muddier than I entered!) and off to Wisley taking in the lanes I can't remember on the way up - this is where Syed departed to head back to Heathrow! We then turned around and Ash decided to take on the enormous lake of a puddle on the way back, and subsequently ended up to his knees in deep, muddy water. Matt and I stood to one side, in the dry, offering our "assistance".....more words of encouragement.....as Ash worked his way out! :lol:

He left us there and headed home, and Matt and I worked our way back, picking up Sheepwalk Lane and heading back down to Bocketts and Rykas.

Considering how wet it was, and how cold it was, both my "beginners" surpassed themselves. Great day out, great company, and a good few laughs along the way - just another normal TRF outing :D

Looking forward to the next one (which I'm route planning for as I type).
Corky

KTM 450 EXC 2006

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Corky78 wrote:That was when Stewie turned up, on his own, after managing to lose his entire group!!!!! :lol:

I didn't lose them, they were temporarily set free to roam the wide open pastures of the Surrey hills :shock: a new feature on my rides ;)

But on a serious note, that's why I prefer the ' Drop off system' to the ' Line of sight system' . As we came out of Ponds lane turned left onto Hound House Road and then turned left just after the railway bridge to head towards Albury, the number 3 rider didn't check, so 4 & 5 went straight on. 4 & 5 rider instead of getting to the junction in Shere and seeing no one there and waiting, they shot off up London lane, while the other had also decided to move so when I went back for them, they weren't there :shock: :lol: .
No great biggie though, it's Surrey not the back of beyond ;) and we all got back to Newlands for the compulsory Cheesy Chips :D

The Drop System is the way forward :D
Off the beaten track!.

Return to “Request a Ride Leader”