Buckland Lane

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
steve sharp
LIFE member

Buckland Lane

Postby steve sharp » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi,

Part of Buckland Lane has been damaged and temporarily closed.

I dropped a line to Surrey CC RoW. The section that is damaged is a D road, therefore the Highways department are dealing with it. Surrey RoW are going to look into it and get back to me.

Once I get some more details I will hopefully request that it is re-opened to m/cycles.

Cheers
Steve

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: Buckland Lane

Postby silvergull » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:56 pm

refer to my post of 6 weeks back, political and rights of way , closed by emergency tro and reported at last club night as well- but we do need ensure it does not stay closed, and re-opens to legit users.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi, The highways department emailed me with a response. Please see below. I have asked if it can be reopened to solo motorcycles or to bear this in mind when they inspect the road. Steve

"As Steve Mitchell has pointed out, the closed section is a D Road, which was closed to vehicular traffic on the advice of The Police, who raised concerns about a subsidence on a section where the edge of the surface is slipping down a steep slope towards the fields below. A number of vehicles have already been retrieved, having gone over the edge and down the bank. Including one fairly recently, where a driver chose to ignore the signs.

There is no simple solution to remedy this due to the limited access to the site, but the site is being monitored for further subsidence. It is likely to be passed to our Asset Team to seek a solution.

The site has not been subject to a detailed engineering survey at this stage, and as such, must be regarded as unstable. I am afraid therefore, that the Notices will remain valid until the site has received a structural inspection by Engineers."

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Good work from both Steve and Brian on this.

Many thanks
Derek

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”