Illegal Riding & Our Byway Signs

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Illegal Riding & Our Byway Signs

Postby gavinskii » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:55 pm

It was a beautiful afternoon and I managed to use my bike on mainly greenlanes to get over to Gomshall to run an errand which was great.

On my way back I came down the lane that crosses White Down Lane and came across 3 lads on a very noisy quad, no numberplate, no protective gear who were hooning about (there was a low loader parked up close by).

Anyway I decided to alert the rozzers as this kind of illegal activity is just playing into the anti's hands, and used the number on the Byway sign - 0845 125 2222. Just so everyone knows this service no longer works, so you now have to use 101.

Sods law I didn't have any reception on my phone where I stopped and it was 10 mins later before I finally made contact and then had to try to explain to the operator that a Byway is a legal right of way etc etc. Anyway she said that they would get a patrol car to come out, but suprise suprise by the time they arrived there was no one about.

So we need to think about having some adhesive waterproof stickers made up and a system to get these overlaid on all the signs - no small task (maybe some of this could be done at the Longest Day Event where many riders could make light work or the task.....?)

langley beta
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Illegal Riding & Our Byway Signs

Postby langley beta » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Gavin, You need to contact PC 1290 Mark Trezise he's one of the bike cops 01483 630370 ask to be linked to his mobile. Ron

Grobb
125cc L Plates

Re: Illegal Riding & Our Byway Signs

Postby Grobb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Does he cover all of Surrey? Everyone says I'm being a grumpy sod but we have a local 10year old that rides on the road and up the local footpaths where I live. No one else seems to bat an eyelid

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”