Update on Wolvens Hogden and Buckland

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Update on Wolvens Hogden and Buckland

Postby silvergull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Had a reply today from SCC rights of Way officer: pasted here, unedited.

Wolvens Lane is now officially under a 21 day emergency closure. This is due to dangerous trees that have heaved and are leaning over the Byway, they should however be cleared very shortly. The closure is also required due to a dangerous rut that have been churned out by 4x4s. The rut leaves little room to pass at the side, especially for equestrians and motorbikes. Our intention is to repair this rut as soon as possible but it may be delayed due to access and finding the funds. This means there is a chance the 21 day emergency closure could be extended.

I will chase up Highways to see whether they would consider giving Buckland Lane a width closure. The bank has eroded and is now not able to bare a 4 wheeled vehicle. I will give you an update as soon as I know anything.

Thanks bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Update on Wolvens Hogden and Buckland

Postby stevent » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks Brian for enquiring with Surrey County Council. Lets hope the route is re-opened soon. This is one of our most valuable routes. In the meantime please do the right things and don't use Wolvens Lane; else fuel the antis and/or risk suffering from a heaved tree or getting lost at the bottom of a rut.

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Isn't there something we could do as a group ?

We were talking at the last meeting about working parties and what to do with our surplus funds.

It would be great PR to be able to put a sign on Wolvens or Hogden Lane saying ' Repaired and maintained by South London and Surrey TRF '

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:38 am

Muzzman wrote:Isn't there something we could do as a group ?

We were talking at the last meeting about working parties and what to do with our surplus funds.

It would be great PR to be able to put a sign on Wolvens or Hogden Lane saying ' Repaired and maintained by South London and Surrey TRF '

Hi these are local lanes to me so of course i agreed with Muzzman.

Gary

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm

+ 1 for seeing if there is a way of helping with the repairs (within a budget of course)!

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:17 am

I can advise that Hogden Lane was still blocked by the substantial tree pictured in the other thread as of Monday 18th April

I see this lane used by quite a few horses, so am quite surprised that it hasn't been cleared yet.

:roll:

jaggers
250cc Trail Rider

Postby jaggers » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Hogden lane has now been cleared as of today 21st April. IJ

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”