Update on Wolvens Lane

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Update on Wolvens Lane

Postby silvergull » Fri May 06, 2016 4:19 am

Rode this yesterday ( Thursday 5th May), from the northern end the closed sign was down, evidence of work at the entrance, so proceeded-It appears to be open. The deep rut is still there, signs of 4 x 4 damage, although alongside this the road has been repaired, so quite passable, Further down, there is a lot of evidence of recent repair, a whole beach load of sand at various places, tree removed, so the lane is now clear. However, at the southern side, where the last house is located, the closed sign os up there, still- This to me looks improvised, as it is propped up by logs, and debris, and interestingly, the closed sign has moved to just beyond the last house. It was not here at first, but much further south towards Coldharbour. I will draw this to the attention of the ROW dept today. There is also one more closed sign on the side more towards Coldharbour but does not look correctly placed, again I suspect a local attempt here to bar access. The repairs have been done, however.

Also rode on my way home from work Water Lane, Mayorhouse, Ride, Madeghole, Ponds,London, Silkmore, Green, Fullers, Hook Wood 540, Coldharbour, Beggars, Hogden, Sheepwalk, Drove. - all clear and in good state, although it did take longer to get home than is normally the case. bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

kris
LIFE member

Re: Update on Wolvens Lane

Postby kris » Fri May 06, 2016 7:55 pm

thanks Brian

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Re: Update on Wolvens Lane

Postby smccormick » Tue May 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Quite a cool route home from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk