Stonehenge crowdfunding - please give and share!

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: Stonehenge crowdfunding - please give and share!

Postby silvergull » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:20 am

Hi, just to be clear on how this decision was reached.
Originally I proposed the use of club funds to support the crowfunding, before it was proposed here on the forum.
At that time, the specified target was £10 k.
It was decided to take an e mail vote of the committee, as we have to have majoity agreement to use clubs funds, and at that time I supported this use of the funds. I proposed that we donate around £1500.
But before this had been agreed, the target had been reached, and exceeded.
At that point, I changed my mind, as there was no longer a need to donate, the target having been reached, and I proposed we keep the funds intact, for when they may be needed for another campaign, ( not neccesarily locally).
At this time, the target figure was then 'stretched' , now to 20k, for no specific reason, apart from showing support. We can show support by writing in as individuals however, which is what the TRF directors want. It was no longer about the funds at this stage.
We then were offered 3 options: ie to donate £1500, or to continue to donate individual amounts, or as the target has been exceeded, not to make a large donation as it was no longer needed. The majority including myself then opted for '3', ie.not to make a group donation, as we have a duty to administer these funds in a justifiable and reponsible way.
There will be many other opportunities to use our funds in the future to be sure. This decision was not reached casually, it was considered, and discussed, and democratic agreement was reached.
Just so as you know!
Thanks, brian cohen.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”