East Meon and Langrish update

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
silvergull
400cc Thumper

East Meon and Langrish update

Postby silvergull » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm

TEMPORARY CLOSURE - EAST MEON BOAT 50 AND LANGRISH BOAT 15 Overview: Hampshire County Council has made an Order under Section 14(2) b of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984,in order to carry out re surfacing works, to prevent the likelihood of danger to the public. Details: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/pnadetail?noticeUID=9132

in case you are planning your ride:
cheers bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Re: East Meon and Langrish update

Postby MuddySully » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am

This is both of the lanes up Butser hill, but only until the end of September,or when the work is completed. It will be interesting to see what they do,if anything,with the exposed roots at the top.
There is still one more lane available up the hill which is a bit further along Oxenbourne lane. I used this lane recently it is overgrown with brambles, but still passible.
Peter.

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:54 pm

MuddySully wrote:This is both of the lanes up Butser hill, but only until the end of September,or when the work is completed. It will be interesting to see what they do,if anything,with the exposed roots at the top.
There is still one more lane available up the hill which is a bit further along Oxenbourne lane. I used this lane recently it is overgrown with brambles, but still passible.
Peter.

I agree Peter. Not Sure what they can do with the root other than remove the tree. But if they want to maintain it as a BOAT what choice is there?

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 pm

burls wrote:
MuddySully wrote:This is both of the lanes up Butser hill, but only until the end of September,or when the work is completed. It will be interesting to see what they do,if anything,with the exposed roots at the top.
Peter.

I agree Peter. Not Sure what they can do with the root other than remove the tree. But if they want to maintain it as a BOAT what choice is there?

Must have been 25/30 years ago they moved the lane about 3 metres across to its current position, it was a lot harder before . Perhaps the option would be to move it back to its original/correct route .

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 pm

We were talking to a fellow rider, Ian from Guildford (who said say hello to Steven but didn't give a last name, but Steven would know who he was?) who said that he had been up Butser today and both lanes are open?

PS. No mystery now, Ian has posted on Surrey TRF Facebook with picture, looks open thanks Ian Pearce.

langley beta
250cc Trail Rider

Postby langley beta » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Yes the original route to the left was much steeper but with on tree roots.

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”