Standfast Lane - BOAT26 Hawkley, Hampshire

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
boredus
250cc Trail Rider

Standfast Lane - BOAT26 Hawkley, Hampshire

Postby boredus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Closed - Says to call the Hampshire council for enquiries. Does anyone have any info on this? It was opened up as normal in May when I used it. The CC website still shows the old details for the Nov-Apr seasonal TRO
TRO sign1.jpg
TRO sign2.jpg
TRO 1.jpg
TRO 2jpg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

19col58
350cc Veteran

Re: Standfast Lane - BOAT26 Hawkley, Hampshire

Postby 19col58 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:16 pm

I don't think a bit of paper printed at home and gaffer taped to a road sign has any legal standing!

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:12 am

See Hants CC Website for TRO's

https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningan ... hicles/tro

BOAT 26 is open to ride.

Thanks
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:23 am

Ian,
I called Hampshire rights of way and they only have the same information that is listed on their web site "prohibits use of this route by any motorised vehicle between 1st November and 30th April each year." I explained that the sign showing the date restrictions had been taped over and the lady I talked to was not aware of any additional restrictions or that the lane has been permanently closed.
She did mention that a call was logged on Friday, from a 4x4 group, asking the same question!

The advice that she gave me was to report a problem on the site and this will prompt a visit to investigate. I can do this if you like

boredus
250cc Trail Rider

Postby boredus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 pm

MuddySully wrote:Ian,
I called Hampshire rights of way and they only have the same information that is listed on their web site "prohibits use of this route by any motorised vehicle between 1st November and 30th April each year." I explained that the sign showing the date restrictions had been taped over and the lady I talked to was not aware of any additional restrictions or that the lane has been permanently closed.
She did mention that a call was logged on Friday, from a 4x4 group, asking the same question!

The advice that she gave me was to report a problem on the site and this will prompt a visit to investigate. I can do this if you like

Interesting. I did forget to mention that the steel, padlocked bollards are back in place. They were not there in May when I went through so whoever did it has access to the correct tools/keys for the locks. Farmer/Land owner maybe?

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 am

I have logged a problem with Hampshire rights of way (PROW341722) explaining the current TRO wording and that fact that there are now obstructions to access and taped on instructions covering the November-April sign. I’ll check it periodically to see what happens.

All reported problems can be see via this link: https://row.hants.gov.uk/standardmap.aspx Just click on track a problem then enter the PROW reference.

Peter.

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:51 am

Just had a call from Abby Sullivan (No relation!) from Hampshire rights of way who stated that due to a local trespass the local community, who are responsible for enforcing the seasonal TRO, took it upon themselves to block the byway and cover the signs with the tape and paperwork.

Abbey told me that the local community were not allowed to do this so were told to open the lane and remove the tape and paper signs. She told me that this has now been done so the lane is open as per the seasonal TRO.

On the few occasions that I have dealt with the Hampshire council they have responded quickly and this is another case where they have dealt with an issue in good time.

Result :D

Peter.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks for the update, Peter.
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

boredus
250cc Trail Rider