Cradle Lane issue on Sunday mornings

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
GDAS
LIFE member

Re: Cradle Lane issue on Sunday mornings

Postby GDAS » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Scutty wrote:This is a Facebook group (Surrey And Hampshire Green Laning) - check out 4:40 (bridleway), lots of illegal road riding and off the track riding on Frensham common.

Its going to be people like this that will get lanes closed.

wow, that video's thoroughly depressing, thanks for posting Scutty :cry:

I ride that bridleway on my mountain bike typically once a month and I noticed a few months ago that there was a sign at the start saying something like 'this is not legal for motorbikes' so I guess it's been happening for a while.

big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Postby big yellow tractor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks for posting the vid. (not really, it made me angry and grumpy)

I love the way the "see you next thursday" at the back gives a good bark of throttle every time he passes someone who is desperately holding onto their dog as the 19th rider flys past. Just to remind them how hard he is.

What a bunch of complete and utter fcukwits.

Can anything be done about these dickheads ? I know that video footage is regularly passed to the Police from push bike riders and action has been taken.

Can we find out when their next run is planned and arrange for the Police to be waiting on the bridleway ??

Now I know why we get scowled at as we toddle into the carpark at Frensham.

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 am

Surrey And Hampshire Green Laning are bell ends. If the antis get hold of this that will be Cradle lane gone. It proves everything that was claimed . If you're watching blue "helmet", take your vid off Facebook. Tw@t.

Scutty
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Scutty » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:05 am

They are planning a ride this Sunday but no route or timing announced yet.

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:04 pm

There are plenty of number plates on display - don't we have a copper or ex copper who is still "connected" amongst our group....?

The actions of these guys makes my pi55 boil.

These guys won't give a toss if any more of our legal ROW are TRO'd. They have proved that by their actions on the bridleway and if we are not careful, I can only see others move to the dark side and run the gauntlet. Well done NERC you've really helped the situation NOT!

An example needs to made of these guys IMHO or they are ruining it for those of us that still care.

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 pm

I am glad I am not the only one who is upset by this. It just makes me mad that these types charge about like this tearing the place up.

I was so cross last night that I went through the vid and complied a list of number plates and machine makes, the first one I cross checked on the DVLA website was an untaxed vehicle!
I found 4 complete registrations and 4 partial and have forwarded this info to relevant people's who, I understand, will share it with Surrey CC and our contact in the "Force".

Let's see what happens next.
Kev

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:07 pm

You are never gonna stop illegal riding, it is wrong, antisocial, puts us in a bad light etc etc but all the time councils close lanes and don`t provide any where for people to ride off road bikes it will continue.It seems most of the antis are retired professional types with nothing better to do with their time than try to stop anything they do not agree with, again this will not stop. When I have stopped, taken off my crash helmet and chatted with some of these people, once they realise you are not some young tearaway their attitude does soften. I live in the Surrey Hills in a village full of people with this mindset/mentality and most of the time it is only what they have read/been told that puts their backs up, very few have had problems with responsible trail riders. Most of the people I have spoken to have more problems with cyclists, on and off road varieties. When all the legal lanes are closed for us, cyclists will defo be the next target. After that it will be horse riders. What you have to remember is that most of the `antis` are actually day trippers to the country (how many true country folk wanted fox hunting banned), or people with a financial interest (houses on or near a byway), again you will never stop peoples lust for financial gain.As for taking number plates and reporting them to the police I would expect very little response from the boys in blue, unless its an easy `nick`they don`t seem that bothered and personally I would rather they spent their time and limited resources on catching Murderers,Rapist,Muggers etc etc. So in the big bad world there are more important things to get upset about (on both sides). This might sound like I am condoning the riders in the video but that is not the case, just trying to get things in proportion.

farnham flyer
350cc Veteran

Postby farnham flyer » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Total cocks.

Way too many of them and going way to fast past people and residential areas.

Worrying...

Paul.

P.S. All seemed to have racing numbers. Do they think the lanes are for enduro practice...

big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Postby big yellow tractor » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:08 am

Kev,

There are Police notices on many of the bridleways around Crooksbury / Tilford asking for the public to report illegal riding. I have been in contact with the PCSO who covers that area about an unrelated matter and could forward the info on to him as well if you send it to me.

Rgds

Colin

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 pm

I see the video evidence has been (rather wisely) removed.

big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Postby big yellow tractor » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Did anyone think to download and save it (I didn't) ?

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:41 pm

If this happens again please use this : http://keepvid.com
That will get you the vid

Alternatively if one of you manage to get a private link to the video you can do the same but if it doesn't work let me know.

Do agree in part with Billy. I feel, whilst they were being complete nobs to Joe Public, the illegal riding and other such antics will probably only increase with non-trf people as the legal places to ride decline.

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”