Rights of Way Reporting Process

Letter Templates, List Of Contacts, Knowing your rights, Resources to help you fight the bans
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Rights of Way Reporting Process

Postby silvergull » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Just a short list on what and how to report any rights of way issues:
What to report
Report please :
any illegal activity, be it with bikes, 4 x 4 or anyone else. (Police)
damage to signage, (SCC)
fly-tipping, ( Borough Council if its on highway, SCC if on a right of way)
damage to the green roads, (SCC)
fallen trees, (SCC)
obstructions, (SCC)
gates where they should not be, (SCC)
locked gates , (SCC)

How:
Illegal use: Call the police on 101 for illegal activity : you need to give them the name and number of byway, the grid ref ( on signs at each end of byway- if possible reg numbers of vehicles, also take a photo if you can but do not get into any dangerous conflicts. Or post on the police twitter feed, or their facebook page, they will follow up reports made via these social media now. ( they assure me!) ( contact details to post here when I can find them)
Fly tip- call the local borough council of its on a highway, or if its on any right of way then to SCC via the interactive website only.( details below).
Obstructions, signage or any other byways issues:These can only be reported via the SCC interactive website, where the report is seen and logged in real time at SCC offices in Merrow. They will issue you via e mail with a report number, an e mail confirmation, and you can later on log back in to see if action has been taken, or not.
The interactive link is on the Countryside Access page, HERE https://rightsofway.surreycc.gov.uk/StandardMap.aspx?NavigationPage=Page3 The reporting process directly via the Interactive map seems now to have been discontinued now so the link above is the only way to report now. Or search for these on the SCC website, its menu led, easy to use.

If you are reporting via this method, all info is on the map but in some cases you may want to add a photo too, so be prepared.

Feedback:Because only the reporter can access their link for any update, the committee have no way of knowing what's going on in this regard: it would be useful to your committee and rights of way officer to know what has been reported, the current status etc, so if you do make any report, please either e mail details to me, Brian Cohen, (or silvergull ) via a PM , and I will feed this into the committee process. Thanks, will add to this post as I remember the bits I have forgotten to include. Any questions, please ask.
Remember: If you do not report, it will not get fixed.
Thanks BC
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Rights of Way Reporting Process

Postby stevent » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Relevant Resources”