Club Night ... where next ?

Up coming club night news
Billy
woz bus pass

Re: Club Night ... where next ?

Postby Billy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Derek and I went to the British Legion at Ripley tonight and thought it would be a good venue for club night.Plus points,good access for A3/M25,good car park,decent beer,happy to have us,a room we could use if we needed for presentations,very near to many lanes if people wanted a play before club night.Minus points,only one really, we would have to change nights to Tuesday or Thursday as they have two other clubs in on a Wednesday.We also went to the Sportsman at Mogador which was also a really nice pub and would be great in the summer with plenty of outside space.Only a couple of concerns,would they still be as keen on us on a busy summer evening when they were busy with food (their big earner) and its location.Its right on the M25 but it is right on the edge of our catchment area and a long way if you were coming from West London or Kingston areas.Thats Derek and my thoughts,but will be discussed further at next club night. I think the idea is to get away from the Nescott shithole to a nicer enviroment (which aint hard) but hopefully increase the number of members attending which means location is most important.Would be good to get a good turnout for this months clubnight as you can all have a say on YOUR future venue. steve braham

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Steve,

It sounds good, Chris, Tony & I will have to scoot down there asap and double check as discussed previously.

Change of night is OK for me as its only once a month.

Please everyone be sensitive about what you say when/if we discuss at club night...

Cheers
Steve

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm

If you want to have a look,when you come into Ripley village from the A3 its the first turning on left (by the bakers) into Rose Lane then a few hundred yards on the left.

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Well for me this makes it 20 miles away instead of 7.5 miles away from where I'll be moving to, I'm happy to go with this if it ticks all the boxes and is a decent place that everyone will be happy with.
S.

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

These are only suggestions, there is still plenty of time to find somewhere to suit everyone.Anyone got any other places to look at ???

Strongbow
400cc Thumper

Postby Strongbow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Did thay sell strongbow.

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 am

They don't give it away.....

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm

daveplum wrote:Did thay sell strongbow.

Not in the quantities required to quench your insatiable thirst.......................

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 am

What was the result of last nights club meet?

kris
LIFE member

Postby kris » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm

dave mate ... Nescot hit a new low as we were consigned to the NESCOT trainee builders practical workshop surrounded by wallpapering stuff !!

So the NESCOT escape committee report is>

Ripley legion is favourite at the moment (best links N and S) ..and Derek/Steve Braham checked it out and gave it the thumbs up. Me and Steve are hopefully going next tuesday night to check it out but we will also look at Effingham British Legion before we commit (this has outside tables and is down the road from brocketts farm and gavin says he will do a puncture demo there if it wins the beauty contest).

Here are the current possible new homes .... with google maps average driving time from fictional starting points for the "average surrey trf rider" ...yes very average !

the cock inn headley>
guildford train station KT18 6LE 31mins
kingston train station KT18 6LE 29mins

the sportsman mogador >
guildford train station KT20 7ES 33mins
kingston train station KT20 7ES 32mins

Ripley British Legion>
guildford train station GU23 6NE 15mins
kingston train station GU23 6NE 26mins

Effingham British Legion>
guildford train station KT24 5JP 23mins
kingston train station GU23 6NE 30mins

Its not too late but the new venue must>

Be available tues/weds night, have a car park, selection of drinks, be in a nice area so bikes dont get nicked and have good transport links to GU/KT postcodes.

I really want to get this decided by early feb so we can update the website and send messages out.

If you have any late challengers .. please pm over the weekend.

Cheers

Kris

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Tbfh I don't much care where the next den is as long as it serves real English beer.

That should be made a requirement!

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Also yeah Nescot are shyts. I hope they GTFO

Return to “Club Night”