Club Night - Tuesday 27th July 2021

Up coming club night news
steve sharp
LIFE member

Club Night - Tuesday 27th July 2021

Postby steve sharp » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 pm

Grab a drink and catch up with fellow TRF members.

Ripley British Legion, 25 Rose Lane, Ripley, Woking, Surrey GU23 6NE

Ripley British Legion has a decent selection of beers, plenty of seating, pool table/darts, a small stage and a plasma screen to show dodgy trail bike images. Safe area ... easy access via the A3 and just off the M25 with a large car park. Rose Lane is just off the High Street, Ripley.

Informal bit starts at 8-00, but the club is open before that time.

Agenda:
- 8-00 Informal chat
- 9pm: Formal bit starts
- Items TBC
- More informal chat

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Club Night - Tuesday 27th July 2021

Postby stevent » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi all

Quick update, a few concerns about club night and covid risk

We will look to keep doors open for ventilation and I’d ask everyone to be mindful about social distancing.

Our feeling is that we need to get back to normal life at some point, and for those who are keen to meet up and are vaccinated and are prepared to take the risk then now is the time.

Also encourage all attending to do a lateral flow test. If that’s positive or if you feel unwell, please do not attend.

Also conscious not everyone falls into that category and if there is demand/interest we can run a zoom session as well. Please say if you’d take part.

Thank you! And look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Also I’ll aim to be there from 8pm!

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Be good to see fellow trail riders for a beer and chat!!

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:47 am

Our first club night went ahead last night, we had a great turn out with perhaps a dozen or more new members welcomed.

Our Rights of Road officer Kevin Chesson gave an update including on Wolvens Lane (report expected 29 Sept) and the closure of Standfast Lane, Hawkley due to bridge repairs, which Kevin has been out to visit. There was a round of applause for all the work Kevin is doing, promoting the Group and trail riding and helping keep the lanes open.

Steve Sharp gave an update on group runs. Our next “First Saturday” ride will be on 7 August, watch this space. There was the usual appeal to our established members to post group runs as we gave so many new members wanting to get out.

I summarised some of the things we’ve been up to over recent months. Including the various training days Carl Venter has been doing - his latest dates are 14 and 15 August - please contact Carl direct (shout if you need his contact details).

We also had the z-cards out which Guy, Pippa and others helped make happen, plus a mention of the GRM which Graham and others have worked so hard on.

Our long standing member Paul Blezard was in attendance with a fellow member Lee who gave those who were interested a taste of the dark side, by way of his Cake.

Colin reported back on the ABR festival and just how good the off road loop was especially the rush he gets passing the hotheads on his 50 year old BSM

Finally our Group AGM takes place on Tues 28 September. If anyone is interested in finding out more or getting involved in the group, just give me or a fellow officer a shout.

Thanks to all those who came along! Also I know not everyone who may have wanted to come, felt able to. A big thank you to all of you as well for all your continued support.

Return to “Club Night”