New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Deaks
50cc Fizzy

Postby Deaks » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am

Hi,

I'm new to both the forum and to green laning/off-roading. Have been riding on road for about 4-5 years (currently on a Triumph Tiger 1050) and fancy something different.

I also want to build up a base of off-road riding experience as I'm aiming to get into long adventure riding abroad, but that is some way off at the moment.

I haven't got a bike yet but have done a fair bit of research and think I know what I want, so just waiting for one to come up at the right price (i.e. cheap as possible!)

Look forward to getting involved and meeting some of you guys as well.

Deaks

kris
LIFE member

Re: Newbie

Postby kris » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 am

Welcome aboard...and see you at club night !

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Deaks welcome to the forum, hopefully see you on the lanes soon, what sort of bike are you after then ?.
I see from your post that your looking to get into Adventure riding, you properly know already but there's a good forum - http://www.adventurebikerider.com/ with lots of useful tips, there camping in the west country this weekend , with a few routes on the plains.
On another note, are you the same Deaks as currently holds the SE Tag on BCF.
Off the beaten track!.

Deaks
50cc Fizzy

Postby Deaks » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Yes, I am that Deaks.

I had looked into adventure bike rider magazine but had not realised there was a forum as well. I shall have to join up and have a browse.
I have been on advrider a while, along mainly just to read the ride reports and look at the pictures :D

In regards to a bike, I was thinking along the lines of a KTM 400/450 exc.
I appreciate there are benefits to getting something a bit smaller until I have got to grips with things, but my thinking was I am on the large size and I will also need to ride some miles on tarmac to get to places like Rykas and Newlands, so wouldn't want to be on anything too underpowered.
I may be talking out of my backside so I am open to suggestions and opinions.

Deaks

Return to “Welcome New Members”