Hello all

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
John w
250cc Trail Rider

Hello all

Postby John w » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 am

Hi from cranleigh.

My name is John and I am a petrol head :D

I've done a lot of off road riding (trials and enduro) in the past, but not got out much for too many years, so looking to fix that, which is why I've rejoined the trf and bought another bike :roll: 8-)
I met a few of you at the club night last week, and hoping to get out and muddy in the near future.

All the best,
John.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Hello all

Postby Stewie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 am

Hello and welcome. :D
Off the beaten track!.

ians
125cc L Plates

Postby ians » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 am

Hi John, Welcome back to the TRF. I'm in Cranleigh too so I'm sure we can get out on the trails some time. When were you in the TRF before and was that in this Surrey/South London group?

John w
250cc Trail Rider

Postby John w » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 pm

ians wrote:Hi John, Welcome back to the TRF. I'm in Cranleigh too so I'm sure we can get out on the trails some time. When were you in the TRF before and was that in this Surrey/South London group?

Hi Ian, I just worked it out. I joined in Mid 80s and into the 90s. I think I lapsed in 93 :shock: when we moved house and I was consequently skint.
I never really went to any meetings, and lived in Byfleet then, where I grew up. From what I recall, the meetings were reading direction.
I'm a life member of Normandy mcc, and was heavily involved in enduros, being clerk of course for their events from 83 up until 2006. I was also forestry liaison officer for all events booked on their land in the SE for a bunch of years.

I still do a lot of road riding and am heavily involved with WVAM (I am membership sec for last 2 years, and was chair for 6 years before that). So if anyone is thinking about joining or doing their IAM test, let me know and I will see what we can sort out ;)

I miss enduros but am not fit enough (yet) to get straight back into that, so some green laning is in order to help get me fitter.
It would be great to get out and muddy, I have put my name on the list for Saturday 15th. Maybe see you there :)

Cheers
John.

Return to “Welcome New Members”