New crf250l rider from petersfield, hampshire

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Hoopdawge
50cc Honda PC

New crf250l rider from petersfield, hampshire

Postby Hoopdawge » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi, i have just registered and thought i would say hi

I have just picked up a crf250l and looking to do a bit of trail riding. I previously had an sv650 road bike but found i wasnt really using it and would prefer to get an enduro / trail bike. Bike feels fun to ride, has maxxis maxcross tyres so feels a bit funny on the road, but fun nontheless

I am based in petersfield and i wasnt sure if the surrey trf or southern trf would be most suitable but thought i would register to say hello and see.

I had a first go on some trails in ramsdean (which i found on the qwerf website), which was good fun, and i only dropped the bike twice and got stuck in a rut for a bit ;), but in hindsight i thought i might benefit from riding with some others.

Are there any locals or local meets around near this way? I am familliar with loomies cafe allthough have never actually been along myself but also know there are sometimes rides out near hastlemere / devils punchbowl, but not sure what else is about. I will keep an eye on the rides but grateful for any information / guidance

Will H

Dominic
500cc MXER

Re: New crf250l rider from petersfield, hampshire

Postby Dominic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:03 am

Hey Will

Welcome! You should sign up for one of the advertised rides and get out riding with some TRF folk. There don't seem to be any beginner rides posted at the moment but keep an eye out.

Later
Dominic

nostinkinbadges
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby nostinkinbadges » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:21 pm

I wouldn't recommend trail riding on your own especially in your area
A farmer Timothy Woolfe pursued five off-road motorcyclists after they strayed onto his land and killed one of them

Hoopdawge
50cc Honda PC

Postby Hoopdawge » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi

Thanks for that, and yes i will be keeping an eye open to see about a begginer ride.

Noticed a lot say to have RAC cover etc so i have upgraded my cover. Just picked up some cheap (as new) alpinestars mx boots which should be more suitable than what i had before too.

Yes i hadnt really considered that aspect to be honest, was more to do with coming off and getting hurt and not being to call for help. Or breaking something on the bike and having a long way to walk back.

Do you think this group is better suited to my location, or the southern group? The devils punchbowl area seems appealing so i will keep an eye out

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Will,
We can probably kill two birds with one stone here. I'm based in Haslemere and am building up some easy runs in the local area (Haslemere, freshman and Petersfield) with a view to lead groups in the future. I plan to go out this Sunday to fine tune my routes and would be happy to take you along. We can stick to some easy trails to begin with then see how it goes from there.
If you are interested then let me know and we can arrange a time and meeting place.
Peter.

Hoopdawge
50cc Honda PC

Postby Hoopdawge » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Peter

Sounds good, but unfortunately i am out of the country for 2 weeks from tomorrow, but would definitely be interested in a few weeks time. Maybe either the 18th or 25th if that was any good?

No problem if not but let me know

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:19 am

Will,
No problem.
In regards to future dates I have noticed that Tony has put up a run for the 25th starting at Boxhill. If you can make this date then put your name down for that one as it will be a great day out.
Peter

muckybear
250cc Trail Rider

Postby muckybear » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:01 am

Link to BBC Site about Timothy Wolfe Incident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17113810

muckybear
250cc Trail Rider

Postby muckybear » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:27 am

Return to “Welcome New Members”