Newbie Suggestion

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Alphadeltabravo
125cc Novice

Newbie Suggestion

Postby Alphadeltabravo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Im not sure this is the best place to post this but please move to the right place if necessary.

It may have been asked/done before but as a newbie Im probably not alone in never having repaired a puncture or replaced a tube on a spoked motorcycle wheel. As a result I feel a bit vulnerable and dont want to rely entirely on the help of others when it happens.

Rather face the challenge on the trail and feel duanted in the presence of an audience and knee deep in mud, I wondered if a training session could be run..perhaps on a club night or similar. Ive seen the YouTube videos but theres nothing better than hands on practice!

Likewise how to replace chain links would be very useful.

Perhaps you will suggest trying it at home..but having someone experienced to guide me would be really useful...

And if and when it happens on a ride at least the group leader can assume that new riders might know what they are doing?

If a group session isnt possible, perhaps there is somone out there that wouldnt mind showing me the ropes?

Thanks

Andy

burls
400cc Thumper

Re: Newbie Suggestion

Postby burls » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm

This is an excellent idea. We've done this before at club night, including the infamous mousse fitting demonstration which the oldies will remember with affection. :lol:

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Don't see why not, you'll just get the general idea as there are a few ways and we all do it slightly differently, but the principle is the same.
Off the beaten track!.

Alphadeltabravo
125cc Novice

Postby Alphadeltabravo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Brilliant, thank you!

I suspect its as much to do with prevention too with tyre pressures etc etc etc.

Andy

Return to “Welcome New Members”