New forum user

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
SurreyLanes
120cc Thumpstar Pro

New forum user

Postby SurreyLanes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:57 am

Hi all.

Thought I'd post a message introducing myself having just joined your forum after having a nose around.

I'm one of currently about 6 guys, from a much larger South East based bike group, who are just getting into trail riding. As a wider group our main focus for the last 10 years has been track riding on superbikes, taking us around every racetrack in the UK and out to a few tracks in spain at the beginning of every year. Most of us also have experience of motocross, everyone has extensive road riding and touring miles, and there's even a few police motorcyclists and a riding instructor in the group. A few of the group had done some green laning years back and suggested it would be a good way to keep bike fit all year round. So a handfull of us went out and bought bikes and we've been getting to grips with some local trails over the last couple of weeks. There's a couple of decent trail riders amoungst us but the rest of us make up for our lack of talent with pure enthusiasm (im on the floor alot)

With a resident Suzuki main dealer mechanic in our number, we've played it safe and all bought DRZ'S so far. If you see a confused mass of yellow on the trails around Surrey, that'll be us. We stick to marked and signed byways in small groups and are slowly learning the routes. Hope to see some of you about.

If this becomes something we get right into, which it currently looks like it might, then we'd be looking into TRF membership. I also noticed in the green lane guardian section you are looking for somebody local to the biggin hill area byways to help maintain the trails there, and I happen to live virtually on one of the byways and have a 4x4 and trailers and tools so could possibly help out.

Anyhow. Hello all and see you on the trails.

G

kris
LIFE member

Re: New forum user

Postby kris » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:08 pm

nice one .. as a drz owner ... happy to see the boys in blue in yellow

in fact have a drz 400 e coming up for sale :

SurreyLanes
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: New forum user

Postby SurreyLanes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Well be sure to keep me posted Kris as there are currently 3 of the group hunting for decent drz's so it may be just the thing.

Cheers

Return to “Welcome New Members”