New Member Surrey Border

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
MattDavies
250cc Trail Rider

New Member Surrey Border

Postby MattDavies » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:03 am

Hello All

I have recently purchased a DRZ400, it is a very low mileage example that I currently use for getting around, and have developed a love for taking roads less travelled and splashing through fords ( Wetroads is a god send ).

I live in Crowthorne but I am more then willing to travel into Surrey to come for a ride with you guys, I am definitely looking at going on an organised ride when I have a bit of time. I understand that Loddon Vale are closer but on initial impressions I would rather come out with you guys ( initial impressions are my opinion based on online content/presence )

Currently the bike is in Supermoto trim:

file1.jpeg

I bought it with 21" & 18" wheels and added the Michelin Sirac tyres in the mean time, although will more then likely be putting some Maxxis ITs on for trail days.

If anyone is up for the odd evening ride then I maybe up for that although I am a little far out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dominic
500cc MXER

Re: New Member Surrey Border

Postby Dominic » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi and welcome Matt

There are a few DRZs on the trails - I think many of them run 2 sets of wheels like you plan to.

I think, as you have discovered, Surrey TRF is one of the most active TRF groups. Evening rides will become scarce now that summer is over but keep checking the forum, or get yourself booked onto one of the weekend rides. The most common starting points are in the Surrey Hills or Tilford/Hindhead area so a fair trek for you but hopefully worth it :D

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 pm

We also do some runs from American Golf in Bagshot. Usually a mixture of Surrey and Loddon Vale TRF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

Strongbow
400cc Thumper

Postby Strongbow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:03 am

Welcome to the group.

Dave.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:38 am

Hello and welcome. 8-)
Off the beaten track!.

MattDavies
250cc Trail Rider

Postby MattDavies » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:18 am

I am not afraid of a 1hr or so ride to anywhere to start a ride, as long as there is a petrol station near buy then I can fill up that small tank of mine.

I am looking to book myself onto a Weekend ride but currently I have been busy with other plans, might be able to get on one by the end of September at this rate

NigelC
350cc Veteran

Postby NigelC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi,

I work up in Camberley. Was hoping to squeeze out after work over the summer but it never happened.

Still have those trails up near Wokingham on my list...

If you ever make it over to Ripley for club night keep an eye out for a plonker wearing a TRF name badge - that'll be me! :oops: :D
Nigel TT250R Cooper

MattDavies
250cc Trail Rider

Postby MattDavies » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Nigel I am currently upgrading my lighting on the DRZ

If you want to go exploring some lanes around Wokingham let me know as I know a few

MattDavies
250cc Trail Rider

Postby MattDavies » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Weekend Just gone I went out on a beginners ride, just though I would record what I did for the ride as a beginner without going to far in my opinion.

I Sorted most the bike out with new tyres, Michelin IT front & Trials rear. Sorted my toolkit and spares, Spare tube for each wheel, pump etc. and then made sure I only took tools for my bike, no redundant tools. all my tools and spares where on a saddle bag and a small backpack.

I worn my old road textiles which have little ventilation so I got a little sticky, I think I will stick with these into the winter then as we come out the winter and the temperature increases I will look to buy armour and lighter clothing.

Return to “Welcome New Members”