The Timber Woods Long Distance Trial 27th September

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
Raleigh Chopper
400cc Thumper

The Timber Woods Long Distance Trial 27th September

Postby Raleigh Chopper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi All,

Sidcup & District MCC Ltd will be holding The Timber Woods LDT on Sunday 27th September. This will consist of around 90miles of road and byways of East Kent with 10 'trials' sections along the route.

You need to be a member of any ACU Club or if not you can join Sidcup for the day at a cost of £5.
You will also need an ACU Trials Registration Licence which is £10 and will cover you for any other Trials events you do in 2015.

Unusually for an LDT you can use any road legal tyres so no need to change to trials tyres.

This event is all about enjoying a full days trail riding, following a road book (but please pay attention to the traffic in front!) and attempting the sections which will be suitable for trail and enduro bikes.

Quite a few of us from Surrey TRF do this one as it is relatively local and not too competitive, just a great day out.

http://www.sidcupmotorcycleclub.co.uk/

Hope to see you there.

Derek T
Chopper

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: The Timber Woods Long Distance Trial 27th September

Postby silvergull » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 am

Hi. entered, done this one a few times, a great day out as Derek says. Recommended!
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Entered. Always a great day out this one.

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Entered again! It's a great day out and quite local too

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:46 pm

As a Sidcup club member I will be doing my duty and observing (recording the riders scores in the trials sections of the course) on one of the sections at the trial.

I have been asked by the organisers if I know anyone else who might be willing to do some observing at the event. There will be 10 - 12 sections and they like to have 2 observers per section. Due to the length of the course, approx 90 miles, the observers ride out with the course opener 30 minutes before the start along the route, byways and roads, and stop off at their allocated section. So you get to have a ride on the Kent byways and see some trials sections being ridden by around 90 riders.

If anyone is interested in helping please let me know.

Thanks,
Murray.

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”