RRND LDT, Betchworth, 10th July

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
itchychin
250cc Trail Rider

RRND LDT, Betchworth, 10th July

Postby itchychin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Just had my entry accepted, anyone else going?
Let me know, Cheers, Ed.
Details at:
http://rrnd.co.uk/mag2016/RRND_LDT_Supp ... gs2016.pdf

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Re: RRND LDT, Betchworth, 10th July

Postby smccormick » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Yes I'm booked in for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:41 pm

I will be there along with Derek T, Murray, Johnathan R and others. Swindonian LDT this Sunday first though :D .
Kev

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:28 am

Swindonian route card and final instructions on their web site.

Route card here - http://sdmcc.org.uk/SDMCCDocs/Swindonia ... d_2016.pdf

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 am

Swindonian LDT done! Thanks to Kevin and Derek T. Well done SDMCC for organising a top event. Over 145k of riding, 29 sections, brilliant, hard, day. AJP performed without issue other than its rider falling off it a number of times. All sections are very doable even for the slightly bigger bikes. Put it in the diary for next year and come along and ride the RRND LDT in a couple of weeks very close to home.

Diccles
50cc Honda PC

Postby Diccles » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Still places available for our Long Distance Trial on 10 July. Looking forward to seeing those of you who have already entered. Lanes are rather wet and not quite the going that we expected for this time of year but all rideable with the hard base put in by SCC as long as you stay out of the big holes the 4x4 boys have created at the side of some of the lanes. But i guess you are all familiar with the local lanes anyway. This is the third year we have run the event and whilst pleased with the response i am frustrated by the amount of road work needed to connect our local lanes and obviously we are limited to the same lanes that you normally ride. I am always surprised by how big a turnout there is for the Witley LDT. Even the Eastbourne does not get a huge response. i would be interested in feedback- should we continue to run the event in 2017 or would there be support for another three stage as per the Nomads Pathfinder?

dark rider
250cc Trail Rider

Postby dark rider » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:08 pm

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi

Happy to give feedback after the event next weekend.

I guess as long as it runs in some format that would be great!!

Hoping that we have a strong TRF turnout for this local event as we did for the Nomad 3 stage trial.

LDT is a great way of mixing up normal riding, sometimes on land opened up usually for a specific LDT, map reading and trials sections.

So I would encourage TRF folks to come on down support RRND and have a great day out!!

It's on our doorstep after all.

Cheers
Steven

Jonski
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby Jonski » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Bought a new AJP PR4 240 beginning of June and having a nightmare getting it registered. Partly dealer error but now just DVLA incompetence. I am booked up for RRND but as registration has just been rejected I now need to wait for it to arrive before can send back again and just run out of time.

It's a long shot and becoming a recurring theme (thanks again Steve), but if anyone has a spare bike they would consider renting to me it would be much appreciated???

There is still a slim chance I can go to Swansea on Wednesday and try and sort it but pretty sure they won't allow this.

Last resort I may have to bring the Ural Sidecar outfit!

Cheers!

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Diccles wrote:Still places available for our Long Distance Trial on 10 July. Looking forward to seeing those of you who have already entered. Lanes are rather wet and not quite the going that we expected for this time of year but all rideable with the hard base put in by SCC as long as you stay out of the big holes the 4x4 boys have created at the side of some of the lanes. But i guess you are all familiar with the local lanes anyway. This is the third year we have run the event and whilst pleased with the response i am frustrated by the amount of road work needed to connect our local lanes and obviously we are limited to the same lanes that you normally ride. I am always surprised by how big a turnout there is for the Witley LDT. Even the Eastbourne does not get a huge response. i would be interested in feedback- should we continue to run the event in 2017 or would there be support for another three stage as per the Nomads Pathfinder?

I rode this event last year and really enjoyed it so back again for another go this year. Yes there is a bit of road work but it's Surrey and there aren't that many lanes so we shouldn't be surprised, the sections on private land are always fun though! I guess the Witley has been going for a long time so has a big following and there are a few more lanes in Hampshire.

It would be a shame to see this LDT founder but another 3 stage trial on the calendar would be great!

Any of you boys not got your entry in yet? What are you waiting for, guaranteed to be a good day out.

Kev

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 pm

A great day was had riding the RRND LDT!!! Excellent fun, great route and great sections.

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”