British Enduro Championship

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:46 pm

This weekend 6/7th August 2016 we are going to the Isle of Man for the 3rd and 4th round of the BEC

https://southernmcc.com/manxduro/

https://www.acu.org.uk/News/2016/07/ACU ... le-of-Man/

Now these are much longer and harder timecard races for the best riders in the country.
Obviously we are riding in the sportsman class but even that level is a real struggle and takes lots of effort to complete.

Two years ago we had a TRF weekend on the island which was fabulous but I'm not sure we tackled anything too extreme
I'm sure Jon Starkey and i will find out soon enough, we will let you know!

Rich H

kris
LIFE member

Re: British Enduro Championship

Postby kris » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Wish you and jon all the very best. Give Knighter a big kiss from all of us ...

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 pm

The IOM should provide a fantastic event. Good luck! Hope you both enjoy it. Expecting a detailed report when you're back!

6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:28 pm

It's now Sunday late afternoon. BEC completed and resting in hotel before trip home. What can I say; WOW, what an event. Absolutely superb, really well run with no real problems.
The course was long and tricky in parts but the scenery was just amazing. Across fields and moors, hedgerows and plantations, scree slopes and rock fields (like a mini "Carl's diner").
The Saturday was a very long day where most of the special tests took place, 3 per lap. The forest ones were hard because by the time we rode them the line was well defined but do were the white slippery exposed roots. The log crossings were also slippery but most had an easy route around. Jon Starkey tackled most of them, brave man. The open going test was great fun with some good climbs and tricky corners. There was a drop into water with a sheer rock climb out (perhaps 15meters high. Jon tells me it was more like 15 foot but it didn't seem that way to me), again a longer chicken route was offered but that also had a large step to climb. You always knew something tricky was coming up as a group of spectators were always there to watch us succeed or screw it up completely.
The Sunday was an easier day, only had one lap and two tests. Really was a fantastic ride with sunlit hills and white tops to the waves on the ocean background. One could never get to ride these areas in the normal course of events, just had such a good weekend away.
I did give Knighter a nudge when I saw him, even half way through an event he wasn't to busy to chat. When I went back to a test to collect fuel the championship boys were doing their test, they really are fast. Things that I tentatively dropped down they just wheelied over. Just pinned it! Very impressive.
I did 83 miles on day one, 70 of which off road. Anyone who fancies this I can highly recommend it, expensive weekend but so well worth it, just superb riding. Am I coming back? You bet.
Rich H

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Nice write up Rich thanks!

And, well done to you and John

kris
LIFE member

Postby kris » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:41 am

Me Jon and Rich did the natterjack at Eelmoor tank training range last weekend.

Excellent event ... tough course with plenty of bogs and water to deal with and the course was better in reverse on day 2 (sunday)

Lots of experts pretending to be sportsmen and as we rode thru the paddock on sunday after our final lap was done there was a real collection of walking wounded young aspiring enduro riders with various bodily parts in slings

there but for the grace of the good Lord went we !

yours

#got2go2workmondayclub

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Good job boys!

I watched the natterjack a couple of years ago - the sand test looked brutal! And that was without the 30 mile loop!

Glad you all made work on Monday!

6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:16 pm

It was a great ride
the 50 minute liaison loop was flowing and interesting, both ways were good. Even better the second day.
The tests were tough to do fast as proved when I lost traction and superman took over. The bike was stuck and took ten minutes to extract, dagnabit. My race was ruined but I rode to the end anyway.
I can thoroughly recommend riding these enduro, a good ride throughout.
The last one for 2016 is in Thetford forest in November http://www.dissmcc.co.uk/
its a one day event this time. I couldn't get an entry last year but ready for this year and looking forward to it.

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”