Long Distance Trials

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
kevpg
400cc Thumper

Long Distance Trials

Postby kevpg » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Entry is now open for the Witley 100 Long Distance Trial.

https://members.acu.org.uk/Secure/Events/Search.aspx

Sunday 23 October

This event starts near Odiham in Hampshire is around 100 miles long and usually has 12 or so trials type sections and a special test. It's a great day out and don't let the thought of the trials sections put you off, they are easily ridden on any trail/enduro bike. A good number of Surrey TRf entrants last year and the same this year I think.
Gav, Murray Steve McC and I so far.

No tyre restrictions on this event.

The Timber Woods LDT in is on the 25 September, another good event on the byways of Kent with some of the sections on private land. Around 80 mile and no tyre restrictions.

The Moor to Sea in Devon is a cracking event, lots of byways, lots of private land, very little road work and around 30 sections, rear trials tyre required. Well worth entering, but probably not as your first event. Gav, Murray, Johnathan Reid and I are entered Graham (Gdas) is an old hand at these ldt's so I expect he will be there too.

To enter any of these events you need a trials ACU licence and affiliation to an ACU registered club. ACU licence is £10 for the year and club membership is usually the same, the Witley MCC club do online membership to make life easy.

Kev

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Re: Long Distance Trials

Postby smccormick » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:41 pm

LDTS are great fun and as mentioned at club evening you can just skip the sections if they look a bit mad....I know I do.

Worth a look for sure, support the clubs putting these events on, others from TRF are usually there so you want be on your own generally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyR
400cc Thumper

Postby TonyR » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:53 pm

kevpg wrote:Entry is now open for the Witley 100 Long Distance Trial.

https://members.acu.org.uk/Secure/Events/Search.aspx

Sunday 23 October

This event starts near Odiham in Hampshire is around 100 miles long and usually has 12 or so trials type sections and a special test. It's a great day out and don't let the thought of the trials sections put you off, they are easily ridden on any trail/enduro bike. A good number of Surrey TRf entrants last year and the same this year I think.
Gav, Murray Steve McC and I so far.

No tyre restrictions on this event.

The Timber Woods LDT in is on the 25 September, another good event on the byways of Kent with some of the sections on private land. Around 80 mile and no tyre restrictions.

The Moor to Sea in Devon is a cracking event, lots of byways, lots of private land, very little road work and around 30 sections, rear trials tyre required. Well worth entering, but probably not as your first event. Gav, Murray, Johnathan Reid and I are entered Graham (Gdas) is an old hand at these ldt's so I expect he will be there too.

To enter any of these events you need a trials ACU licence and affiliation to an ACU registered club. ACU licence is £10 for the year and club membership is usually the same, the Witley MCC club do online membership to make life easy.

Kev

Sorted out my Witley MCC membership tonight and will hopefully get the ACU bit done early next week.
Not convinced that my bike (or me for that matter) is particularly suitable for this but what the heck :D

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Tony

The bike and you will be fine for the Witley.
Enjoy!

TonyR
400cc Thumper

Postby TonyR » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Cheers Derek :D

TonyR
400cc Thumper

Postby TonyR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Well, that's all done. I'm now a member of Witley MCC, the ACU, and have entered my first LDT. The Witley 100 :D
The formalities were all done online and processed really quickly. If anyone is considering entering an LDT and is worried about the paperwork, then don't, it's easy to do.
All I have to do now is sharpen up my riding and navigation skills and make a roadbook holder out of an old ice cream carton, a couple of bamboo sticks, and some sticky backed plastic. :lol:

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:45 pm

Good man! If you're at club night have a chat with Kev, Gavin, Derek T. Or myself. I'll try and remember the roadbook holder so you can check out what to build. :)

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am

Spurred on by the enthusiasm of others, I too have completed all the forms and entered this event.
I’ll be at the club night as usual so hopefully pick up a few tips and tricks.

Peter.

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Good reminder, just put the road book holder in plain view so I don't forget it....bets on me forgetting it?

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:46 pm

This event is recommended! I'm no trials rider and I got around on my dual sport last year and did every section I think (bar one maybe which was in Steve's mad category!) And I managed to impress myself by getting 90% through sections without any feet on the floor!

Its the taking part what counts.

Regards roadbook holder - a really simple solution is a see through plastic wallet which is attached loosely to the handlebars. You have to open it up to turn the page but that isn't too much of a bother.

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi all, I entered and paid for the Witley 100 LDT and now can't make it due to work commitments.

So anyone want a discounted entry?

Funds donated to Surrey Trf.

Simon Watson
400cc Thumper

Postby Simon Watson » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Can I take it for a mate please Steve?

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”