T&T practice enduro

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
smokinrider
250cc Trail Rider

Re: T&T practice enduro

Postby smokinrider » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Good to meet a few of you today. I doubt molys training helped in light of the slick conditions.
My bikes now clean (can't say the same for the patio!) and put to bed. Hope you all had a bit of fun.

Remember the bakery run in the 28th from Andover if you want to get on the plain before the new year.

Cheers Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:44 pm

yea was super slick and slippery today, did improve over the course of the day tho and by the end was really fun. Except the open going field, that was just plain gnarly.
Great to catch up with you guys and no major offs. Just gutted I didn't get to see Rob Hughes lying in that snotty deep puddle.
Thanks for your help with the canopy, defo not a one man job.
Cleaned my bike too on the grass tho.

Rich H

ktm kid
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ktm kid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Yep was a good day nice to meet some new faces also and was a good track just a little wet for the first few laps :D
Big boys toys ☺

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 am

Yes agreed, good set up, good track layout, just so slippery it took all the fun out....
Good to catch up with some old faces and new and hopefully Stewie will post up a few pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Had a great day, first time I've been to a Track 'n' Trail event, lots of riders there and the event was well organized, everybody was really friendly and most people had good riding etiquette for a practice session, not been to Four Marks track for years and the layout was very tight in the woodland sections, few jumps not to big though and the choice to do hard or easy route, very well marked up and plenty obstacles to climb over.
The track was about 3 miles and very slippery with tree routes, clay, chalk, wet leaves all competing to see who could be the slipperiest, but later on in the day a good line appeared and dried out a bit.
Even the fact that I had 3 punchers on the day, didn't detract from the fun and I still managed to get a fair few laps in, but definitely need to get some contact lenses as my glasses steamed up every time I had to stop for any reason.

Here's some pic's I took, not to good be will give you an idea of the day :D
http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/andre ... sort=3&o=0

Here's the link to one of the event photographers
https://www.facebook.com/adrenalinimagesphotography
Off the beaten track!.

smokinrider
250cc Trail Rider

Postby smokinrider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 pm

with 3 punctures, id say you need to get mousses not contacts!

cant find pics on the FB link, but I know there's some here.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 19&fref=ts

Motoman
125cc L Plates

Postby Motoman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Good to meet you guys. Fun, if knackering day. Cheers for sticking with me and hauling my ass out of the mud on occasion. Hope to see you again at another one. Fingers crossed its slightly less gooey and I have a chance of getting a few more laps in.

…..big thumbs up to the burger van there. Best burger I've had for a while, especially in a muddy field, Good work guys.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 pm

smokinrider wrote:with 3 punctures, id say you need to get mousses not contacts!

cant find pics on the FB link, but I know there's some here.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 19&fref=ts

Mousses going in soon, not run them before, and to be fair, it was the rim lock not being able
to hold the tyre, ( Maxxis Super cross ) may fit another opposite.

Thanks for the link, 8-)

Motoman wrote:…..big thumbs up to the burger van there. Best burger I've had for a while, especially in a muddy field, Good work guys.

I'll second that, top burger and sausages all home made, 8-) not that frozen crap you normally get from a burger bar!
Off the beaten track!.

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”