TRF take on the SnowRun

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
Luke B
400cc Thumper

Re: TRF take on the SnowRun

Postby Luke B » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:02 am

Excellent event . Painful but smiles all the way. Aimed for the finish and made it.
Aching today but worth it.
Luke

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Race Report

I'll start by saying a Massive thanks to the WTRA for hosting the Snowrun.
This event was superbly organised, all the marshalls, timekeepers, scruteneers, and volunteers were knowledgeable, helpful and above all friendly, as we're the spectators and other competitors.
The course was well laid out and well marked out, so no chance of getting lost.
Which I must admit had crossed my mind.
Well done to the WTRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Race Report

For four of this, this was our first Enduro, and we'd all had various bits of advice, "Slow and steady wins the race", "Slowly slowly catchy monkey", "Ride your own race", but my personal favourite, and I quote, " Riding an Enduro is like riding a beautiful woman, if you go at it full throttle from the start, chances are you'll quickly end up in a sticky mess".

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Race Report

Due to the recent bad weather the number of laps had been cut, hooray.
Expert and Championship; 4 Laps
Clubman; 3Laps
Sportsman; 2 Laps

This was a timecard event, the rules are quite simple if you know them, but when you've had a few beers and it's a noisey crowded pub, it takes a while to sink in.

We had various start times from 10.00-10.50 sent off in groups of four.
Most of us about the 10.45 mark.
First lap to be completed in 90mins, for Sportsman class.

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Ride Report

The course was hard, very hard, it was a hard Enduro afterall. But not extreme, not by a long chalk.
There were ruts, muddy ruts, ruts with roots, ruts with fallen trees, ruts with rocks, rut going up and ruts going down, very very down.
But nothing impossible. Nothing really hard. Well it can't have been if I made it round.
What made it hard, really hard was that you were doing it continuously, non stop, without a break, well, your supposed to go non stop.

Mouseman
350cc Veteran

Postby Mouseman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Race Report

Drew and Bobby (both V.competitive) we're having there own mini Ersberg.
Luke and Hobbsie, were battling for bragging rights, well there's old scores to be settled there.
I think the rest of us just wanted to make it round in one piece.
By check point one I was 23 minutes behind, I stopped half way through the "TIMED"special test for a drink and a chat. Dohh.
So after nearly 2 1/2 hours I'm back at the start, ready for lap 2, or should I bail now to save further pain.
Feck it in for a penny in for a pound.
So I'm off lap 2 another 25 miles of gruelling riding, and within a few miles I knew I'd made the right decision.
Sorry the wrong decision, my legs were like jelly, and all drive had gone, oh crap....
A couple of miles later I saw a Marshall and said I was done in, and was selling my bike and taking up Bowls, to which he replied "id best be careful because the local bowls club were so rough and such heavy drinkers that even the rugby club didn't go near them"
15 minutes later I was back at the van having a cuppa.

Would I do it again, yeah....
But hit the mountain bike 3 months prior.

TonyR
400cc Thumper

Postby TonyR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Well done to all of you and thank you for a great race report, I enjoyed reading it.

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Good job lads!

Mike - definitely 'in at the deep end'! Respect..........

Luke B
400cc Thumper

Postby Luke B » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:13 am

Bragging rights acquired lol

Mouseman wrote:Race Report

Drew and Bobby (both V.competitive) we're having there own mini Ersberg.
Luke and Hobbsie, were battling for bragging rights, well there's old scores to be settled there.
I think the rest of us just wanted to make it round in one piece.
By check point one I was 23 minutes behind, I stopped half way through the "TIMED"special test for a drink and a chat. Dohh.
So after nearly 2 1/2 hours I'm back at the start, ready for lap 2, or should I bail now to save further pain.
Feck it in for a penny in for a pound.
So I'm off lap 2 another 25 miles of gruelling riding, and within a few miles I knew I'd made the right decision.
Sorry the wrong decision, my legs were like jelly, and all drive had gone, oh crap....
A couple of miles later I saw a Marshall and said I was done in, and was selling my bike and taking up Bowls, to which he replied "id best be careful because the local bowls club were so rough and such heavy drinkers that even the rugby club didn't go near them"
15 minutes later I was back at the van having a cuppa.

Would I do it again, yeah....
But hit the mountain bike 3 months prior.

ktm kid
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ktm kid » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:18 am

Thought I'd add a few pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big boys toys ☺

6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 am

gotta say lads well done to all who rode.
Its one of the toughest events of the year so kudos to any one who rode any of it.

Beerbelly
750 flat tracker

Postby Beerbelly » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:02 am

Having only ridden once in the last year and putting on 20kg I was not prepared in the slightest for this - Come along they said - Will be fun they said! In fact to say that this was a my first ever enduro and a trial by fire is an understatement.

I have to say the first 4 miles almost gave me a heart attack - I was blowing more than a whale!

Once the first load of killer rutty wooded areas were finished it became more bearable and I started to semi enjoy it - whilst cursing my unfitness through clenched teeth.

I had my eyes set on completing one lap - which I did just about. Defo need to have a lot of fitness before getting into this enduro and a big bag of toys to throw out the pram.

:lol:

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”