Volunteer Team Leader Training

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Volunteer Team Leader Training

Postby silvergull » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi to all:
As you will have read in the last newsletter, Murray and myself did the SCC Team Leader training course which took up a day. The reason for this course is that SCC will not really undertake to provide anyone to oversee any lane clearing we might want to do, and we usually do something at least once a year. ( This is not the same as the Volunteer Path Warden course, which is also available, and we would welcome more hands here too! Quite a few of us have done this already.)

They want us to oversee the job ourselves, but to do this, we need to have some members who have done the course, and also have someone qualified in First Aid on hand. ( I think we may have only one First Aider in the group, not sure , so this is another course which needs to be addressed, in future. If you have a first aid qualification, please do let me know.)

Murray and I have done this, but 2 of us is not enough to depend on, as it may be that we might not be available on any particular day, so we need at least 2 more volunteers to come forward, and do this course, which is free. It is not a lot to learn really, more common sense than anything else, only they need to 'tick the box' that the course has been completed, for 'H and S' and insurance reasons.

So if anyone feels that they might be able to give up some time, and help the club out, please let me know, and I will pass on all the contact info you need to take part. The next course will probably be in around October/November time, and it usually takes place in Wotton Village Hall.

On another note, I am looking to hand on my role as 'Rights of Way' rep, so again, if anyone would like to get involved, please contact me to discuss further.
Thanks Brian Cohen.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”