Wales advice

Talk about anything.
SurreyLanes
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Wales advice

Postby SurreyLanes » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi all,

Me and 3 or 4 friends are heading over to Wales on 3rd 4th and 5th August 2018 for the welsh road races and will be staying near Builth Wells just north of the Brecon beacons. We are thinking of putting the dity bikes in the vans and spending the Friday exploring, but wondered if amybody can advise how much there is to ride around the north side of the beacons and surrounding areas, and any pointers to help us find somewhere worth riding.

If anybody has been over that way recently or could offer any pointers that would great.

Cheers

George

boredus
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Wales advice

Postby boredus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 am

George,
Plenty of riding out Builth Wells / Rhayader / Ponterwyd. Far more than we have round here.

You would not be far from Strata Florida for a start - personally I hate this one as it has multiple opportunities to drown bikes etc. Especially when I am there for a few days.

If you havent been there before, I would recommend a guide to show you round for a couple of days. Then go back and explore around where he took you and expand out some more.

I am starting a thread to see if anyone has any Guide Recommendations.

Regards
Ian

SurreyLanes
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: Wales advice

Postby SurreyLanes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:39 am

Thanks for the reply bud.

It appears they have now had to cancel the 2018 welsh road races due to a change in the law and the whole event has been pulled so will not be going. But we are all keen to get out and do some riding over that way anyway now so will keep an eye out for guide recommendations.

Return to “General Discussion”