Falling Off !!!

Talk about anything.
Billy
woz bus pass

Falling Off !!!

Postby Billy » Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Seems to be quite a few people hurting themselves at the moment . The reason you are all falling off is because you are riding at speeds above your capabilities . The beauty of trail riding is you can ride as fast or slow as you feel comfortable with and when you get to the end of a lane the rest of the group is waiting for you . Don't feel under any pressure to keep up with others who might be more experienced riders than you . A good day out is when the whole group get back in one piece with smiles on their faces. We were all newbies at one time so if you are just take it easy . Perhaps we could do a few one on one training runs for the newer members . A few of the more experienced run leaders are not about at the moment but if anyone is interested just let us know . But .....above all ride at speeds within your comfort zone , that way there is less chance of hurting yourselves .

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Re: Falling Off !!!

Postby PippaB » Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 am

Like Billy says, it's not a race, go your own pace and go within your capabilities. Last year I was newbie and 'remember falling off 6 times on 1 lane by the end of it, could nt pick the bike up as laughing so much. Positioning, standing up and general confidence will come. Get yourselves off to school and get some training, different trainers, different tips, use what suits, it will get better and have fun too :D

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 am

Good advice here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrumpynut
125cc Novice

Postby scrumpynut » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Billy wrote:Seems to be quite a few people hurting themselves at the moment . The reason you are all falling off is because you are riding at speeds above your capabilities . The beauty of trail riding is you can ride as fast or slow as you feel comfortable with and when you get to the end of a lane the rest of the group is waiting for you . Don't feel under any pressure to keep up with others who might be more experienced riders than you . A good day out is when the whole group get back in one piece with smiles on their faces. We were all newbies at one time so if you are just take it easy . Perhaps we could do a few one on one training runs for the newer members . A few of the more experienced run leaders are not about at the moment but if anyone is interested just let us know . But .....above all ride at speeds within your comfort zone , that way there is less chance of hurting yourselves .

As a newbie who has fallen off on London Lane and toe break I would love some coaching, I seemed to fall off when going slow in the ruts as that is all new to me and was fighting the bike and not relaxing, the byways like Wolvens Lane were lovely to ride in the mud and puddles, I need to learn good bike control and balance at slow speeds so I can slowly build my speed up, even then I am happy to plod along, not looking to go fast, just want to enjoy the ride and my surroundings with fellow TRF riders.
Hope to book some training up soon and have started my diet to get bike fit as I was totally knackered, that's what you get from being an office slob for 20yrs.

Return to “General Discussion”