Bike Setup

Talk about anything.
Marc T
400cc Thumper

Bike Setup

Postby Marc T » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi
Any experts able to give advice on bike suspension setup as bought 2nd bikes and never set suspension to suit my weight I think I've managed to correctly set the sag but on limit of spring I've never touched the damping and rebound as not not what I'm trying to achieve is it case of trial & error?
any advice welome
Cheers Marc

Dominic
500cc MXER

Re: Bike Setup

Postby Dominic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Best advice is to change the oil if you have not... I think the service internal on forks is something like 60 hours (check the manual) but very few people ever service their forks.

In terms of settings, sag is the starting point... but even with sag you will be told many different measurements. Common thinking is 105mm rider sag and 35mm static sag.... but Google is your friend for this. Comp and rebound is a dark art... I play around with settings but I don't think I am a good enough rider to feel much difference unless I go way out on the settings... so I usually stay around about the settings per the manual.

NigelC
350cc Veteran

Re: Bike Setup

Postby NigelC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 am

It will be related to speed as well as weight.

The faster you ride, the more damping you will want to dial in, assuming you're not going to change the springs.

And vice versa I guess.
Nigel TT250R Cooper

Return to “General Discussion”