mr sharp

Talk about anything.
trickey
400cc Thumper

mr sharp

Postby trickey » Sun May 31, 2020 10:30 am

Mr sharp this is the picture I was on about yesterday, Derek on his Beta and mine next to his. My beta only several hours old, but showing signs of use after flipping it over. The picture was taken on the same lane we went down Saturday. This lane which I have no name to, has been totally transformed by heavy forestry machinery. Gary Sharpe and I went up this lane just before lockdown, but in much wetter conditions. Would be nice to put a name to this lane. Every lane I go down holds a memory, if only I could remember how to get to them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Re: mr sharp

Postby Gary s » Sun May 31, 2020 5:41 pm

Great picture. It's the lane that goes up to Sunwood Farm, very wet and sticky and had been made far worse by the forestry work, dried out now I assume?

trickey
400cc Thumper

Postby trickey » Sun May 31, 2020 6:41 pm

Gary you assume right, it was very dry out there . Not many puddles out and about. Wheatham hill was easy, not often you can say that. The lane before Butser Hill was the wettest , didn't clean it, I was held by somebody who stopped. Still, a bit more bike time and he might come good.

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Sun May 31, 2020 7:44 pm

trickey wrote:Gary you assume right, it was very dry out there . Not many puddles out and about. Wheatham hill was easy, not often you can say that. The lane before Butser Hill was the wettest , didn't clean it, I was held by somebody who stopped. Still, a bit more bike time and he might come good.

I need to get out haven't been out since that ride!
Was the somebody Sharpie?

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Great photo of Derek, sadly missed.

A great ride and that Byway has changed so much.

Cheers
Steve

Return to “General Discussion”