Active Topics:

Talk about anything.
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Active Topics:

Postby silvergull » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi just posting this, as there are currently no active topics posted- how can this be? Has the 'closed' Facebook page now finally put paid to this forum? If so, its Very Sad. So, please reply to this so at least there is something else to read! cheers bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Active Topics:

Postby HuskyAndy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:13 pm

Evening Brian I hope you are well and still enjoying life, not much going on is there?, did you shift your xt?. I Always liked them could never start one now i have universal joints as knees, brought a lovely restored Xr500r about a year ago, still limping now. Anyway you have something to read now, and proves at least two people still like the forum, take care Brian.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:16 pm

Me too....

I don't have Facebook either.

No real riding news, since I've not been very well since Xmas and now waiting for front suspension bits to come from Italy....5 weeks now and it's August. We know what happens in Italy in August, don't we?
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Postby HuskyAndy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:49 pm

Evening Barry I trust you are well, sorry to hear your health is not improving as quickly as you wished, as a long time Moto Guzzi owner I've always found it prudent to buy parts before July. Sadly for you when they return from their month off, I reckon you have about 3 weeks to get your parts before their next lockdown, then after that it's Xmas!, maybe it's time for a husky/ktm?, I hope you take this in the humour it was meant. Take care Barry and hopefully see you o n your bike soon.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey Andy

Nice to hear from you, too! I don't take offence very easily, since I believe in the old adage "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

Take care of the knees and regards to Pippa.

Thanks

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Postby PippaB » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi Barry and Brian, how are you both?
I miss the forums and the topics were fun reading.
I blame the ‘what’s app ‘ groups personally....it’s like the secret squirrel club!!! Even I belong to a few myself, mainly gardening ones....and where did the mid month runs go too? It’s all very quiet...
I soo enjoyed the training with Carl Venter this year as love to learn stuff and better my skills, thanks to Steve Taylor for organising it all, brilliant....really do hope everyone is okay and getting through this year okay!
Take care...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Postby HuskyAndy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Yep, lots of clandestine assignations,and not much fellowship nowadays.

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks for the replies and follow-ups on this topic- Andy, Pippa and Barry, all spot on: this is a real problem we seem to have now, which in previous times was exactly what was not wanted, so how S and SL TRF has ended up here, is a mystery- I do not know why the policy has swung round by 180 degrees- does anyone have an explanation for this?
So, lets ourselves try to re-vitalise this, and try to post stuff, in an effort to keep this going: Its worth it!
Cheers, safe riding, all the best- BC
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Postby HuskyAndy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Wise words Brian.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 pm

At the moment, my bike is still off-the-road. I have ridden twice since September last year, for various reasons (shoulder op. / Pangolin stew / waiting for Italian holidays).

Soon as it's all 100% again, I'll be sure to get more posts in, and riding again.

Until then I'll keep on trying to stimulate some interest here...

Nice to see that it's not just me looking on here ever day for activity.

Thanks

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Postby HuskyAndy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm

How about getting the kdx going Barry?, you can put posts up regarding progress, and you get a bike to ride at the end. Maybe quicker than waiting on the Italian's, anyway be nice to see an old school stroker out again.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:11 am

KDX is actually up and running like a dream. I want to sell it, so don't want to bugger it up, in any way. It's such a nice bike!

Return to “General Discussion”