Knee Protection

Using something that's clearly worth talking about? Share it.
Pete A
250cc Trail Rider

Knee Protection

Postby Pete A » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi All,

Following on from my gloves topic I'd like to see what knee protection people recommend.

I'd like them to be suitable for both trail riding and enduro. I currently use my wife's snowboarding soft knee pads which are way too small for me... plus she doesn't know i've stolen them.

Thanks.

Pete.

Billy
woz bus pass

Re: Knee Protection

Postby Billy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 pm

661 soft mountain bike ones for me, I have also got hard plastic caliper type ones for when I know I`m gonna fall off (trail riding with Lee). You have got to decide yourself between ultimate protection and comfort. For trail riding, comfort. For enduro ride a bit slower and conserve energy, ride at a steady pace and you wont fall off.

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

I also use those soft ones. Got the RaceFace mountain biking ones and they are ace

G-Bru
You should've bought a KTM!

Postby G-Bru » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 pm

I am using these: http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/evs-knee-glider-p-1746.html

I have had quite a good few crashes, riding enduro events and they have served me well.
Don't think you need anything more protective for Green Laning.
If you want to prevent any lateral movement of the knee then you definitely need a brace. I should really invest in a pair of POD's or CTI's as I sometimes do a little MX and will definitely offer me more protection when riding Enduros but they are somewhat pricey!
G
Grant

KTM 250EXC SixDays

big yellow tractor
400cc Thumper

Postby big yellow tractor » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:49 am

+1 on the 661 soft ones.

Mine are neoprene with a semi-hard cup for the kneecap and gel pads to guard that bit on the inside of your knee that if you tap it against something hard causes you to run up and down shouting f**k, sh*t, bastard, f**k for about ten minutes.

Return to “Kit Recommendations”