Steve Jordan Motorcycles

Post and discuss good dirt bike shops and garages
Dave
250cc

Steve Jordan Motorcycles

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Since the councils shoddy choice of road workmen left me with a wrecked motorcycle last year, I've finally got the RVF ready to go.

I just couldn't manage to balance the carbs though. Tuning one is ok, but 4; when the 3 screws are in between the tiny gap between the engine and the carbs... Could not be bothered!

Obviously Honda, who are most qualified to do it wouldn't touch it because its a Grimport.

So looked for a place local who dealt with sporties on a regular basis, ergo Steve Jordan's in Leatherhead!

Service was ace. Glad I didn't save the £15 an hour and go somewhere super cheap, because they went all out and it's running better than before died and it wasn't even close in mileage for needing a re-balance.

I paid them for the carbs to be stripped, disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt with a complete set of gaskets and o-rings. For free they also did a once over and replaced some bolts with better or matching ones, checked tyre pressure, lubed chain and sprockets etc...

If your working to the clock, well that's just great service.

Won't hesitate to take it back there again if I need anything because of what it is.

My mechanic was Richard.

G-Bru
You should've bought a KTM!

Re: Steve Jordan Motorcycles

Postby G-Bru » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Good to know dooooood! Thanks for posting.

Bruski.
Grant

KTM 250EXC SixDays

Fleegle
350cc Veteran

Postby Fleegle » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I've also had good service from Steve

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 pm

I've had a different experience when they tried to fix the secondary throttle bodies on my GSXR 3 years ago. After two visits they still argued that the workshop manual I was quoting was wrong. Took it to West London Superbikes for the 3rd attempt and they got it right first time... as per the workshop manual.

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Hmm that's pretty weird.

Two things:

1. What was their argument which meant the workshop manual was wrong?

2. What had they contrary to the manual which caused the second visit?

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:02 am

The exact details escape me so from memory, on turning the bike on the manual stated that the throttle body flies close then open to x degrees. Mine were just stuttering in the open position and the fi light would come on.... Which the manual stated was the flies sticking (faulty servo motor). One could hear the servo motor grinding as it clearly was not right.

On both occasions they said the throttle body flies were fine and the fi light was due to something more sinister... Something about the secondary flies only have an effect at low rpm and the fi light should go out when i rev past this rpm... which it never did. But I was not prepared to pay for them to investigate further until the obvious problem had been checked. Anyway, West London Superbikes replaced the servo motor and I had the bike back within a week sans the fi light. The bike ran fine for another year or so until I sold her.

Return to “Suppliers & Service”