Odiham MCC off-road events

Bike shows and other events we've made an appearance
GDAS
LIFE member

Odiham MCC off-road events

Postby GDAS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

I know that several forum users are keen on opportunities to practice on private land, e.g. events such as the ones at Bagshot run by BLORC.

Apparently Odiham Motorcycle Club have got an off-road section which has access to Bagshot and Slab Common (Bordon, Hants) and they have a Sunday session each month, rotating between the two locations. You have to be a member of the club but I think once you've paid the £20 annual membership then I think the events are only about £20, which if you do enough starts to work out cheaper than BLORC. More info here http://omcc.co.uk/events/offroad/offroadfaq.html

I haven't tried it but a mate of mine says it's really good and the club is looking to boost numbers, hence my post. They're at Bagshot this Sunday 12th Oct if anyone fancies going along to see how it all works and chat to the organisers.

Graham

prking
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Odiham MCC off-road events

Postby prking » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks Graham, I've now registered for an account and will try to book onto this. Looks interesting.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:38 pm

I can't do this weekend, but will register and see if I can get to a few, thanks for posting.
Off the beaten track!.

Scutty
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Scutty » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:18 pm

I have ridden with BLORC and Odiham mcc. The Odiham events are much much quieter events so a lot less people around on the same land

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Apologies to any of you who may have joined OMCC based upon my original post, and a warning to anyone who might be considering joining - the off-road section seems to be floundering a bit this year after gathering some momentum in 2014.

They have lost the use of Bagshot (as, I understand, has BLORC) which means that January's off-road day didn't happen. February's planned day at Slab Common has now been cancelled.

However, I understand they've got a new bit of land lined up for 15th March, at Bordon.

A source tells me that Bagshot is potentially unavailable for enduro type events for up to two years, in order to give it some time to recover from overuse. Bit of a shame as it's pretty much on my doorstep :(

Graham

Return to “Events”