llandovery mid wales

pubs/cafes/viewings points
Enduro ade
250cc Trail Rider

llandovery mid wales

Postby Enduro ade » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:20 am

Llandovery mid wales.
Stay at the castle hotel or the Kings if its full but castle is better. Bigger carpark super inclusive cooked breakfast and continental as well if you want to fill your boots. very reasonable rates especially if you share. you should get a twin for £75 inc breakfast.
The riding is some of the best in the uk and spectacular especially around the reservoirs to the north. With a little planning and a few maps you will have two very long days of riding and if you're up for a challenge and its not in flood then the strata Florida is a must. I wouldn't attempt the strata solo even if experienced, you are a long way from help and no reception!! The whole area is doable but not for a first timer. There can be some very tricky lanes, deep water and lots of rock so do the whole thing with a few mates and stick to the byeways and you cant go wrong. also know your bike and how to change a innertube at the very least ( don't go out without a spare) and at best know how to clear a flooded bike. I have had to strip down a few bikes for people who've dropped it in deep water who didn't have a clue which is fine but one of you needs to know how !!! I've seen plenty of idiots who think they can ride anywhere and are spoiling it so please treat with respect. it really is some amazing riding and it would be a great loss to lose access.
anyone wanting further info or a guide let me know as I'm up there regularly. ade

Jezben
250cc Trail Rider

Re: llandovery mid wales

Postby Jezben » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Was up there recently
OS maps are accurate for Powys apart from Monks Trod and Strata Florida which are currently closed by TRO, and you will find that Moelfre City a dead end. Strata Florida should reopen in September or October when works have been completed.

Return to “Favourite Destinations”